"Greetings Programs!" TRON party at the Hutton's!!
This Saturday we had a little showing of both of the TRON movies at our house. The last few weekends Rod and I had a lot of social obligations and before that our family hosted a bible study for 6 weeks so our family was in need of a fun family night. While I was in Walmart one day I saw the new "TRON Legacy" movie and picked it up since my family is sort of geeky about these things. Then Chris picked up the original version TRON from the 80's. So I marked the calendar for the "TRON party" Saturday, April 16,2011.
On the schedule: while we watched the original "TRON" we ate neon cup cakes, licorice sticks, which were like the light motorcycles (you have to watch the movie), blue jello and yes, glow sticks for everyone. The little girls played with the glow sticks in the dark hall way before they went to bed. The rest of us wore glow sticks while we watched "TRON Legacy". Such simple ways to make a regular movie night into something memorable and fun for all ages.
We been known to plan these small events in the past. During Christmas vacation we might watch the Star Wars movies starting at the beginning to the last one, we love Stargate Atlantis and would watch 2 episodes per night on the week end until we finish an entire season, we watched to Narnia series or Rod and the kids watch the Harry Potter series right before they go to see the newest one coming out. I usually make a special meal and/or a special dessert for that evening. We are all excited and anticipate being together. We talk about what will happen or our favorite part, we quote funny lines etc. It is just fun and we bond closer together as a family. I love our family nights. I pray for continued fun and love for one another and I hope my kids carry out some of these kinds of traditions with their families.
End of Line


No comments:
Post a Comment